“Don’t sleep in the dark” is a frightening 3D animated public service video about the realities of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning and the necessity for detectors in all households. This project was completed entirely in Autodesk Maya and rendered in the Arnold Renderer. The scene was lit by two primary light sources, the moon and the bedside lamp. An area light shines below the doorway and two mesh lights indicate the state of the CO detector. To represent the invisible CO gas, I created a VFX fluid container.